- letters from Moineddin
10 books I'm reading now
Fri, 11/05/2010 - 16:54 | by Mansur
1. Empire of the Summer Moon, Quanah Parker and the rise and fall of the Comanches, the most powerful Indian tribe in American History, by S.C. Gwynne, Scribner, New York, 2010.
2. Long for this World, the strange science of immortality, by Jonathan Weiner, HarperCollins, New York, 2010.
3. Too Big to Fail, the inside story of how Wall Street and Washington fought to save the financial system and themselves, by Andrew Ross Sorkin, Viking, New York, 2009.
4. Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream, a day in the life of your body, by Jennifer Ackerman, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 2007.
5. The Big Short, inside the doomsday machine, by Michael Lewis, W.W. Norton & Company, New York, 2010.
6. The Accidental Guerrilla, fighting small wars in the midst of a big one, by David Kilcullen, Oxford University Press, New York, 2009.
7. Made Love, Got War, close encounters with America's warfare state, by Norman Solomon, PoliPointPress, Sausalito, California, 2007.
8. Physics of the Impossible, a scientific exploration into the world of phasers, force fields, teleportation, and time travel, by Michio Kaku, Doubleday, New York, 2008.
9. Cyber War, the next threat to national security and what to do about it, by Richard A. Clarke and Robert K. Knake, HarperCollins, New York, 2010.
10. Stones into Schools, promoting peace with books, not bombs, in Afghanistan and Pakistan, by Greg Mortenson, Viking, New York, 2009.